Yeast handling is the core of a brewery. For ideal yeast propagation – and thus for a good beer – hygienic plant design is essential. Yeast quality is defined particularly by the preservation of yeast viability and by optimized yeast vitality. PRODEB offers everything for comprehensive yeast management.
The intelligent combination of a frequency-controlled pump and a controlled overflow valve allows the compensation of variations in yeast consistency and wort flow rate
The method PRODEB developed to determine the yeast cell count through differential turbidity measurement ensures accurate yeast pitching. Variations in the basic turbidity of the wort are compensated for. A static mixer developed especially for this application provides proper mixing of the yeast into the wort. As an alternative to differential turbidity measurement, the yeast volume can also be determined by a viable cell count.
Reducing fermentation time by supporting the natural convection – PRO-FERMENT™ provides numerous advantages:
- Function-tested units preassembled on a compact base frame
- Use of PRO-MIX® components for highest hygienic standard and best CIP ability
- Individual units can be upgraded from the simplest to the most powerful version welding and cutting work
- Capacity adjustment by exchanging parts with detachable connections within the range of nominal widths DN 50 - DN 125.
Technical data :
- Integration of a serial interface for linking the line to a master control system
Separation of wort and yeast pipe by PROMIX ® mixproof or normal shut-off valves
- Differential turbidity measurement, based on the correlation between turbidity and yeast cell count
- Control of the added viable cell count by measuring the electrical properties of intact cell membranes
- Sizes (wort pipe): DN 50 to DN 150 (6")
- Wort flow velocity: 1.0 - 2.5 m/s
- Wort pressure: yeast pitching unit max. 6.0 bar
- Pressure drop in the wort pipe: yeast pitching unit < 0.5 bar
- Yeast pitching range: 5 - 50 million yeast cells / ml wort
- Nominal width of yeast pipe: DN 40 to DN 80
- Supply pressure of the pitching yeast:
- > 0.5 bar above the CO² saturation pressure
- > 0.5 bar under the wort pressure at the dosing
- Product flow rate: up to 1900 hl / h.