High Gravity Brewing or HGB Brewing is understood as a brewing process, where the original extract (%OE) in the beer is reduced by addition of gravity liquor (de-aerated water) at filtration stage. This technique allows you to brew a larger batch size without buying larger brewing and fermenting equipment
- Higher utilization of brewing equipment, brewhouse, fermenting tanks.
- Higher capacity, non HGB plant can be obtained at a lower capital expenditure.
- More accurate adjustment of Sales Gravity in the final beer.
- Lower beer loss during the beer production procedure because more water can be used for flushing at beer transfer.
- Improved flavor, more fruity and estery flavors in the beer (%Plato should be lower than 15% P).
- More settles out more protein tannin complexes, more chemical stability.