Lab equipment are the instruments that every brewer want to have to ensure the beer quality from a consistency angle. In the brewery industry lab equipments are used for quality control of beer, the quantitative determination of these below parameters were determined.
- Wort extract, color, bitterness (BU), pH and dissolved oxygen.
- Parameters for pitching yeast should be; cell count, dead cell and yeast pitching rate.
- In Fermentation check extract (%plato), alcohol, top pressure, cell count, dead cell, growth rate, pH
- Process quality control parameters for beer stabilization should be; CO2 content, temperature, top pressure, DO.
- Process quality control parameters for filtration & BBT should be; turbidity (haze), dissolved oxygen, CO2 content, original extract or alcohol.
- Process quality control parameters for packaging should be; CO2, total oxygen content and air in headspace.
One good definition for a quality beer is therefore simply "a beer that consistently meets specification."